HNU to the World!
the World to HNU
Student Exchange Program(SEP)
Home >Admission >Student Exchange Program(SEP)
The Student Exchange Program is designed for foreign students attending institutions linked with HNU. Exchange students selected by our sister school can study at HNU for one semester or one year without paying tuition, and on-campus housing will be arranged by the university.
With its continuing emphasis on globalization, Hannam University offers a variety of courses taught in English both at Linton Global College and by English-speaking professors in various disciplines. They are designed to provide an excellent opportunity for both international and Korean students to study their chosen academic fields in an international setting.
Students have the option to study for one or two semesters at HNU as a non-degree seeking student or an exchange student. Exchange students are requested to apply through the international office of their home university. For exchange students from sister institutions HNU has an exchange agreement with, the tuition and application fee are waived. In case that there is an additional agreement between the two schools, room and board can also be waived.
Students enrolled in the SEP may register in any of the courses offered by HNU, either in English or Korean, depending on their language proficiency. This program can be most advantageous to international students considering jobs in Asia or with multi-national companies as well as to those pursuing advanced degrees in international or area studies.
Students currently enrolled at sister institutions that HNU has an exchange agreement with are eligible to apply to the Exchange Student Program.
All applicants are required to secure the approval of their home institution and then forward the completed documents to the Center for International Relations at HNU.
While students nominated by the home institution are normally accepted by HNU as exchange students, HNU retains the right to screen the students and to make a final decision regarding admission.
- A completed application form with all necessary supporting documents
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or 3.0 on a 4.5 scale
- Must be a currently enrolled student
- Copy of Passport (Photograph page)
- Original Academic Transcript
- Certificate of Enrollment certifying that you are currently enrolled at the home institution
- Two letters of Recommendation (Reference for Academic Performance)
- Copy of Insurance Certificate
- Two Photos (3×4cm colored photograph)
- Complete the application form (apply online)
- Send all required documents to:
- Center for International Relations
- Hannam University
- 70 Hannamro, Daedeok-gu, Daejeon 34430, Republic of Korea
- Tel +82-42-629-7739
- Fax +82-42-629-7779
- - English : email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Japanese : email@example.com
- - Chinese : firstname.lastname@example.org
- When all application materials are received, the Center for International Relations will review the application.
The application process usually takes four weeks. Accepted applicants will receive an admission package that includes a Certificate of Admission for obtaining a student visa (D-2) as well as information about registration, accommodation, visa, insurance, and reply forms. Once students have received their admission package, they must submit reply forms directly to the Center for International Relations at the address mentioned above.
- Please note that it is the student’s responsibility to find out the immigration requirements and to process the necessary documents for entry to Korea. This information can be easily found in the Korean Consular office nearest to you.
Spring Semester (March 2- Mid June): December 18
Fall Semester (September 1-Mid December): June 17